Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gracie and Junie B.


Well, it's official. The girls are Junie B. and Gracie. They are starting to look at me when I use their names, so hopefully they will each learn their own. My cousin Sally was able to get a pretty cute picture - which I have posted. Gracie on the left and Junie B. on the right. They are sitting beside their favorite posing stump. They are pretty sure they look cutest there.

I think the naming prize will have to go to Shelly - last year's teaching partner - who suggested that I pick names from something that I enjoy. I enjoy children's literature and the Junie B. Jones chapter books seemed the way to go. Another prize goes to Nancy's teacher friend - who found the name Gracie for me out of the book - my books are still in boxes in the garage and I couldn't remember any of the other kids names in the book. The third prize goes to Brooke - her names made me laugh right out loud. Thanks to everyone for all of the great suggestions....

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Good luck on keeping them straight ....... they look exactly alike!
I'm sure you'll have hours of enjoyment with the little girls climbing up on your lap for lovin' and attention!

Nancy S said...

I love contests. Mostly I love prizes, and I'm kind of sad I didn't win this one. I think you will buy more animals (the wallabys, I think) so we can have another contest and I'll get a prize. That being said, I do like Junie B and Gracie (the names as well as the very sweet puppies), so I'll just make Debbie share her prize with me. In fact, in order to be sure it actually arrives in her hands, perhaps you'd better plan to deliver it to her personally when we go to Phantom!!!

Nancy
Nancy

Lindsay said...

I'm with Nancy... mostly I love prizes too :)

Enjoy your new little friends :)

Kirsten said...

Enjoy the pups! They are adorable.

FYI the bubble slide show... slide.com - super easy!

Lolli said...

Cheryl where are you? I miss your pictures, your words and your ability to make me laugh.

Hurry up and blog....anything

Merrie